The aim of this policy is to provide you with information about:
- What information we collect from you and why;
- How we use this information; and
- How you can access and manage your information.
This policy applies to anyone who uses the websites of, or who buys or uses any of the services provided by, TAG Insure Ltd, which includes the Protection 4 Cars brand. When we refer to “We” or “Our” or “P4C” we are referring to TAG Insure Ltd and its subsidiaries as the context requires.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 1. Information you give us
When you obtain a quote or place an order with us for any of our products, we will need certain information to process your order. This may be information such as your name, private/business email or postal address, telephone or mobile number, vehicle details, date of birth, financial or credit card information to help us identify you and to provide a service to you. We may ask for other information that relates to the product or service you are ordering. When you contact us to discuss an enquiry or order, we may ask for certain information to be able to confirm your identity, check our records and answer your questions quickly and accurately.
- 2. Information we automatically collect
We will automatically collect information: when you visit our websites, we may collect and process information about your usage of these by using “cookies” and other similar technologies (see Cookies section below) to help us make improvements to the websites and to the services we make available.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as companies used by us to provide services to you, marketing organisations, and credit reference agencies (CRAs) or fraud prevention agencies (FPAs) - see Credit Checks section below.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information we collect helps us to better understand what you need from us and to improve the provision of our services to you.
We use the information collected for example to:
- verify your identity when you use our products or contact us;
- process and administer your enquiries or orders;
- carry out credit checks and to manage your account - see Credit Checks section below;
- monitor, record, store and use any telephone, e-mail or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- where you have agreed, provide you with information about other services, offers or products which you may be interested in - see Marketing Preferences section below;
- tell you about changes to our websites, products or terms and conditions; and
- recover any monies you may owe to us for using our services;
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you apply to buy products and services from us we or our financial partners may carry out a credit check. This means we may need to check certain records about you, these may include:
- Our own records;
- records at Credit Reference Agencies. Information on applications for our products and services will be sent to CRAs. When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other organisations. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- records at Fraud Prevention Agencies. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by FPAs; or
We will only share your information with organisations outside Cotswold Boutique:
- who are involved in the running or administration of your account or who are providing services to you for us (e.g. our insurance underwriter);
- to help us improve the services we are providing;
- as part of current or future legal proceedings;
- in response to properly made requests from law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of a crime, for the purpose of safeguarding national security or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in legislation; or
- in response to properly made requests from regulatory bodies such as the Financial Ombudsman Service, for example where you contact the FOS asking them to investigate a complaint in respect of the provision of our services to you, they may request information from us to enable them to investigate and make a decision in respect of this matter. We will need to provide them with the relevant information we hold relating to your account. Where we share your information with third parties they are required to follow our express instructions in respect of the use of your personal information and they must comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other relevant legislation to protect your information and keep it secure. From time to time these other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not always have the same standard of data protection laws as the UK. However, we will have a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected and we will remain bound by our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 even when your personal information is processed outside the European Economic Area.
- by post: The Data Controller, TAG Insure Ltd, Unit 8, Abbots Business Park, Primrose Hill, Kings Langley, WD4 8FR or
- by phone: 0330 041 4855
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information, we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected (and which you agreed to).
For example, when you contact us we may monitor and record your communications with us to use this information for training and quality purposes, and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. Where we record calls, these call recordings are only held for a limited period of time before we delete them permanently.
We will continue to hold information about you if you do not become our customer or after your policy has expired. We will only hold such information for such periods as is necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, offering other products and services you may be interested in, complying with any legal obligation and for crime and fraud prevention and detection.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 entitles you to find out what information we hold about you. If you want to find out what information we hold you, will need to submit a Information Request in writing to us:
c/o The Data Controller, TAG Insure Ltd, Unit 8, Abbots Business Park, Primrose Hill, Kings Langley, WD4 8FR together with a cheque for £10 (to cover our costs of processing the information) made payable to: TAG Insure Ltd.
We may ask you to provide us with proof of your identity to make sure we are giving your information to the right person.
To help us process your request you will need to provide the following information:
policy number(s); vehicle registration number(s);
date and time (if requesting a call recording).
If any of your information is incorrect or your personal details have changed you can notify us in writing, and we will update your details.
Where you have agreed to us contacting you either when you placed an order or via your preferences within your online account, we may contact you with details of products, services and special offers that we believe you may be interested in.
If you change your mind and do not want to us to send you marketing messages you can do this in a number of ways:
calling our customer services on the phone number set out in the Contact Us section below;
writing to us at the contact details set out in the Contact Us section below; or
within your online account;
If you notify us in any of the above ways we will stop sending you marketing messages, but we may still need to contact you regarding your existing products or services.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser options so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you disable cookies.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take protecting your data seriously, and strive to employ appropriate organisational and technical best-practices & security measures to protect your information against unauthorised disclosure or processing.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the security of transmitting information via the internet. We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet.
Please note that this policy will be reviewed and may change from time to time. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.
If you feel we have breached your privacy, want us to update your marketing preferences or amend your information, please contact us either: